Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Call of the wild.

I have decided to read call of the wild and maybe white fang if I have the time because they are both readily available (sitting on my desk) and I feel like reading a winterish book. Since it is -18 out right now, then I will read the fountainhead by Ayn Rand once my friend finishes reading it I will borrow it.

So I am still reading world war z and it is getting exciting. The stories as I have already said are alot more than testosterone soaked (as much as a book can be) adventures they realistically show how the world might react to a zombie Apocalypse. I just read about a big battle that the military chose for the press to see and give the American public some hope. This story was told by a veteran who attested to the mass stupidity about the battle, it was meant to be a easy staged battle with a couple infected showcasing the newest technology unfortunately the newest technology is useless against a zombie horde. The landwarrior fighting system is useless and bulky against a mind less swarm (the landwarrior fighting system is a real system developed by the military that links all soldiers to a network through a heads up display). In this battle the military had not prepared enough supplies to actually fight off the horde and all the fancy technology was useless because it couldn't consistently destroy the head (which is how you kill a zombie of course). Also they had prepared like they were fighting people with guns not an undead swarm by placing sandbags and other useless bits of cover instead of garrisoning atop rooftops where the zombies couldn't get them. The battle goes terribly and at the end the veteran is saved by some 'super' weapon that anihinalated the zombie horde. It is not explained YET what that weapon exactley does (something about heat and pressure).

No comments: